Energy Saving Solutions
A typical non heated back yard swimming pool consumes around $1000 worth of electricity annually and this doesn’t include chemical or maintenance costs. The most power hungry component is the filtration pump. Luckily there is a simple and effective solution to this probelm and it is the AstralPool XT Variable Speed DC pump.
Traditionally a swimming pool pump was between 1 and 2 horsepower, had an AC motor and ran flat out for between 4 and 10 hours per day, depending on the pool and environmental demands. In recent years AstralPool Variable Speed DC pump technology has seen running costs slashed by up to 70%. That’s a saving of at least $600 per year!! AstralPool is leading the way with energy saving solutions for your pool and produces many efficient products right here in Australia. The new XT series has a 9 star energy rating, is made right here in Asutralia and comes backed by market leading after sales support.
Tips for Reducing your pools energy demands:
- Have an SBPS technician carry out an onsite review of your current setup, water flow and other factors can reduce the efficiency of your pool pump
- Consider upgrading to an AstralPool Variable Speed DC pool pump
- Insist on products purpose-built in Australia for Australian conditions
- If heating your pool, a fixed or liquid pool blanket can reduce overnight heat loss
- Upgrade to a fully automatic salt water chlorination system. Systems such as the AstralPool Equilibrium chlorinator can test for both chlorine and pH levels, reducing unnecessary operation